How can I obtain a Digital Nomad “Visa”?
by Quatro Legal Immigration Team | Jan. 2, 2024 | Article, Immigration
Applys for foreign individuals who provide paid services remotely using a computer, telecommunications, or similar means, in favor of an individual or legal entity located abroad, for which they receive payment from abroad, in a minimum amount of three thousand US dollars ($3,000.00) monthly. In the case of requesting legal residence for their dependents, they must receive payment or compensation from abroad, in a minimum amount of four thousand US dollars ($4,000.00) monthly.
Image of the valid passport page of the foreign individual, showing their photograph and biographical information, and the page containing the entry stamp to Costa Rica.
Consular or restricted visa in accordance with the corresponding country group.
Bank statements, accompanied by a sworn statement or certification issued by a public accountant or notary public, in the case of processes managed from Costa Rica, or their counterparts abroad in accordance with the regulations of the country where the certification is made. Only this certification should have the respective consular legalization or apostille.
Marriage certificate dated no more than six months ago, in case the individual is coming with family.
Copy of the birth certificate or proof of birth in the case of minors or unmarried individuals under 25 years old (children).
Elderly individuals must demonstrate the existence of a bond or cohabitation with the person applying for the special Stay category through a sworn statement that attests to this, among other requirements.
Benefits of the Digital Nomad Visa:
- It extends a tourist visa from 30, 90 or 180 days to one year, with the possibility of renewal for an additional year.
- Digital nomads are exempt from income tax.
- Ability to open a national bank account in Costa Rica.
- The use of the driver’s license from the country of origin will be allowed for the duration of the stay in the country.
- Digital nomads can also be exempt from customs duties on telecommunications and electronic devices necessary to meet remote work requirements.
For more information please fill out the courtesy e-meeting form at the bottom. We will be glad to assist you!