Exit permit for minors: do foreign-born minors with temporary or permanent Costa Rica residency status require a permit to exit Costa Rica?

by Quatro Legal Immigration Team | Jan 3, 2024 | Article, Immigration

Yes. A travel permit must be obtained at the central offices of the General Directorate of Immigration located in La Uruca, San José. This permit can be permanent or temporary.

The requirements are the following: a) A copy of both the minor’s and his/her parents’ residency cards; b) A certified copy of the minor’s birth certificate; c) Two recent passport-sized photographs of the minor; d) The completed form provided by the General Directorate of Immigration.

Both biological parents of the minor(s). No need to bring the children. If one of the parents is not available in Costa Rica, they must show at the nearest Consulte of Costa Rica in their home country to grant the exit permit. In this case, the exit permit will not be permanent, and will need to be processed every time the minor(s) travel outside the country.

For more information please fill out the courtesy e-meeting form at the bottom. We will be glad to assist you!

Get a courtesy e-meeting
Designed & Developed by Untethered Media

All Rights Reserved 2023 | Privacy